If you are looking for something fun to do this weekend, here is a list of our favorite weekend activities.
My top 10 are great for kids as well as those who are kids at heart!
1. Slumber Party: Just about every weekend Jude asks, “Mom, can we have a party?” So we drag our mattress out into the living room and pick out a movie together. We have a family picnic dinner on the floor, often we order pizza or Chinese food. We like to see who can jump on the bed the highest or has the best flips off the couch. Michael loves making slo-mo movies of our ninja moves. Slumber party nights are my favorite. Make the night complete with indoor or outdoor smores.
2. Outdoor Nature Scavenger Hunt: before heading out for your hunt take a white paper and draw pictures of all the things you want to collect on your hunt; biggest rock, smallest leaf, a walking sticks, acorns, a squirrel… and so on. Grab a bottle of water and head out for a long walk, collecting and celebrating the discoveries of your little ones. Check out our Adventure Hunt (here).
3. Cook a meal together: wake up and make pancakes with funny faces or make your own pizzas for movie night. Have you tried our Goldfish Pie recipe?
4. Family Dance Party: crank up the music and boogie on down. pull out your pots, pans, and wooden spoons. Think outside the box… What can make music? Freeze dance is Jude’s favorite!
5. Get Dirty: we have had so much fun planting and caring for our family garden. A full vegetable garden or a small herb garden, your kiddos will love getting their hands in the dirt. If you don’t have a garden find a U-pick farm near you. We went apples picking in September and will be picking out our fall pumpkins this month!
6. Water Wars: Grab a few water guns and balloons from the dollar store and get wet. What can hold water? Buckets, pans, cups, turn on the sprinkler, anything… just get wet.
7. Movie Feature Night: pick a movie and build your activities and meal around it. We will be having a Lego themed movie night this month complete with a TACO TUESDAY themed dinner! I have so much fun find old classics from my childhood to introduce to Jude. He enjoys watching me make a fool of myself as I act out every scene and sing every line from Mary Poppins.
8. Ding Dong Ditch: as kids my friends and I would love the thrill of ding dong ditching our neighbors. With Jude, I like to get a little surprise ready to leave on the doorsteps of those we trick. Who can be mad at a little package of fresh made cookies, a basket of apples or flowers left on their doorstep? So much fun, like this day our Earth Day surprises!
9. Saturday morning farmers market: here in downtown Columbus, Georgia we have such a great farmer’s market. We like looking at all the dogs out for walks with their masters (big and small), try new foods and bring home fresh produce. Jude loves picking up fresh baked croissants which are bigger than his head! Fresh air and we meet plenty of our friends along the way.
10. Make Paper Airplanes!
Enjoy your weekend!!!
What fun things are you doing to make memories with your family & friends?